Wednesday, January 11, 2017

You know, the New Me Year

Here we are. Another New Year upon us. You see all of these "New Year, New Me" posts and all of these resolutions.

Don't get me wrong, creating goals and resolutions are good. When you make them realistic and achievable. But let's be honest, how many do we make every year that we never follow through with.

Maybe because we put to much pressure like "I'm going to drop 20 pounds by Spring Break" or "I'm not going to drink coke at all this year."

Though both of these are doable for some people, they aren't fully realistic if you know you aren't going to commit. 

Now I did come across this post Here and Here which I really enjoyed reading and would like to include in my Goals for 2017.

Other Goals I have are:
  • To hit 10,000 steps a day! 
  • I'd also like to make sure to run every Saturday. 
  •  To add to the running, I'd like to run 10-16 miles a WEEK.  
  • In March I'd like to run my first Half-Marathon. 
  • I'd also like to try to do two Trifectas (Spartan Races) this year. This problem with this is finding the second Beast near me. (here is more information on the Spartan Races) 
  • And for my last one. I've ordered my first bullet journal and I plan to use that to organize my life as well as just journal and track important details. Such as what I eat, my sleep, my workouts, and my classes.
Though these Goals to some may seem extreme. It isn't much more than I do already. The Half Marathon is new, and doubling up on the Spartan Races is just three more races than I did last year. 

Hello 2017 (10 days later ha) I'm ready for you!

No comments: