Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Married 2 years, Say What?

I cannot believe our 2nd year anniversary is coming up in a few days! It feels just like yesterday that I was making breakfast burritos for my "boy crush" in high school. That was before he officially asked me out on our first date and before we officially became a "thing." I still get those butterflies, at least once a week. I can remember how I had just had my heart broken a few months before I met Eric in the athletic medicine room. I had sworn to my friends that the next boy I "dated" I was going to break his heart. Ha! And look here we are 6 years later, 2 years of marriage later and happy and healthy and in love as can be. I could not have asked for a better man to be my life partner. He is my soul mate, my better half, the bubble to my gum Ha! He makes me whole. Makes me a better person and makes me want to be an even better person. He knows what makes me go round and what makes me fall down. He knows how to pick me up and knows how to spoil me and love me. He can tell before I even say anything, that something is wrong. That someone has done me wrong. That someone has broken my heart. Not many people have what we have. We have a love built on a fire and the flame continues to grow in warmth as the days pass. I pray for those who do not have the love that we have for each other. I can't imagine my life without him. It makes living that much more exciting and that much more worth living for. My world falls apart when he has to leave for days or weeks at a time for work. To be honest I haven't a clue what I'm going to do when he has to leave next year for 7-9 months for deployment. (That will be another blog post when that time comes). I can't imagine what it is like to not have what we have. To be bonded together not because of love but because "of a child." I feel sorry for those that have/had to go through that. Didn't have the opportunity to enjoy life together before children. We have and we have enjoyed every minute of it and will continue to enjoy life as it is. Life is grand just the way it is for now and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I just cannot believe that we will be married for 2 years this Sunday! I love my husband more than anything in the world and I'm so Blessed to have him next to me. I praise the good Lord above daily for him.

2 comments:

Mrs. Kinney said...

This is such a sweet post! Alex and I will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary (not the day we got married though lol) tomorrow. Congrats on two wonderful years and many, many more to come!

La Chinita said...

Congrats to both of you!! You are all such great couples and we'll all stick together when our men are away, by blogs, by calls, by emails. However we need to power through! Happy Anniversary!!