Sunday, December 11, 2011

Its December already

I know that the last time I blogged was back in October. But that doesn't mean that I don't get on and read others. I just feel like my life has nothing fun or interesting to blog about like I can read on y'alls. I don't have children that I can blog what they are doing to keep for ever and ever. I don't work so I don't have funny stories to share. All I do is go to school online and stay home as a house wife. There are things like Thanksgiving that I can blog about which I will in a little bit. Also Eric and I have been talking about starting a family but not sure when exactly we want to officially start trying trying. So I do know that when that time does come I will deffinetly be blogging about that. I wanted to make this an online journal but most of the stuff I want to write about aren't fun interesting things that have happened but times that have put me in a slump and my hearts been broken. I don't do to many crafts so I can't really post about the crafts I do. I think I am really just trying to come up with an excuse as to why I am always away from blogging and why I only have 22 followers who probably don't even follow any more. Ha!

I'll go on and post about our Thanksgiving.
I had originally planned to have our dear friends Brittany, Joe, and their son Elias along with a Marine that is stationed here as well from our home town who wasn't able to go home. Then I decided I want to invite another family of 5, which then turned into another family of 7. By then Mister decided that, that was way to many people/kids for him. Which I totally understand because it would have been for me as well. I was also kinda unhappy about that because I wanted to (be the selfish person I am) cook the entire meal by myself and a few others wanted to pitch in. Needless to say we backed out and had our own Thanksgiving the way we wanted to with the family of 3, our Marine friend, and us.
Our menu:
A 27 lb Turkey
A 7 lb Ham
Sweet Potatoes
Potato Salad
Mashed Potatoes
Greenbean Casserole
Stuffing
Corn
Sweet Cornbread
16 Dinner Rolls
Deviled Eggs
2 Pumpkin Pies
2 Pecan Pies
The night before I made the cornbread for the stuffing. Made all four pies. Boiled all the eggs. Which I believe ended up being like 48 eggs or so. I also made the Sweet Cornbread and made sure the Dinner Rolls were in the fridge ready to be backed in the morning. Then about 10pm I got the turkey out. Made sure I got the giblets and the neck out and then I proceeded to rub down the entire turkey with a stick of butter and then put a stick of butter inside the cavety.
At 5 am I woke to put the turkey in the over so it could cook for the proper amount of hours to be ready by 2pm. I went back upstairs and to back to bed and Mister woke up and came downstairs to start playing his video games ha! About 8am I woke took a shower and got ready to come back down. I started all the rest of the sides. About 1pm our friends came over and the boys started watching the game that was on while I finished cooking and Brittany (was was 35 weeks pregnant at the time) sat and drank a coke to keep me company! The turkey took 30 minutes extra then I planned but 30 minutes was fine with me. It came out and as I had Mister start to carve it, he had no problem with it for it pretty much just feel off the bone. It was by far the best turkey I have ever had. I know I know I'm still boasting about it but it was my first turkey alone ever and I loved it. I normally hate turkey because it is so dry. Not mine!! ;-)

After dinner we sat around and watched tv, played games, and just enjoyed each others company. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving Day. Oh wait yes I could, if my parents would have been here like last year than it would have been the BEST Thanksgiving ever! But it was still good.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: