Wednesday, December 28, 2011

3 Best Friends in a small town in WEST TEXAS!

Today like most times when I come to my home town I make it a point to see certain people before we leave. Today I got to see two of them. My two best friends from middle school and up through high school. 
We are on totally different life paths but it is always so great to catch up with them. They both came over to my parents new house (which tonight is the 2nd night they/we get to sleep in it) and I was able to give them a tour. I think they feel the same way as I. This isn't the house I/we grew up in and it made us all a little sad. We have had plenty of sleep overs and birthday parties and just hanging out at each others house to where it was like we had 3 homes instead of just our one. After a little bit we decided to head to the small town of Ft. Davis and pick up some pecans. I know I know pecans you ask? Well these pecans are amazing. its from the Nut Company and they have all sorts of different flavors. I picked up the Cinnamon Toast flavor, K picked up an orange flavor, and L picked up a Key Lime Pie flavor. We got to sample all the other flavors, which is what got us all to buy a bag of our favorite kind. I was hoping to take this bag home to California and share with my friends there, but I am pretty sure they will be finished by the morning ha! 
When we got back to town we stopped at a new coffee shop downtown (that wasn't good at all, but then again its no starbucks ha!) And then decided to head to K's house. Her dad and brothers and step mom were there and it was just like in high school. We were welcomed in with open arms and hugs and kisses and it just felt like being home. It was super awesome.
We got to chit chat for a few hours before L and I got texts that dinner was ready and K's brother came up to tell us their dinner was ready as well. 
Unfortunately L is flying to AZ to meet her new BF's parents (this is serious but I don't want to jinx it) and Mister and I leave for California on Friday. K and I will hangout tomorrow for a little bit but I'm very sad this trip was so short and I won't be able to be back for at least the next year with Mister deploying soon and all. 
Hanging out with these two made me think. Yes we are on totally different life paths like I mentioned, but we still have a great time. We have our different stories to share and we laugh and giggle and almost pee our pants when we talk about our "younger" days. Both of them are in College and living that "college wild life" and seem to be really happy. I enjoyed hearing their drunken stories and their stories about their boyfriends and tacky roommates. They are interested in my married life and what Mister and I get to do and see as we travel and such. They both know that Mister and I are "trying" for a baby. They are updated every month and their faces light up today when I talked about it. I was worried at first about telling them because they are no where were I am in my life. But all through grade school my goals on my notebooks were to graduate high school, get married, and have a family. So I guess I could figure that they would totally be supportive and excited for me but I was just worried. Their families too ask them about the baby process and seem to "can't wait" to see a baby Banegas! But hanging out with them I got to thinking about maybe putting it off. I know I said that yesterday also. But what am I going to do when the 3 of us are in town and I have a baby. I can't just get up from the sofa and take a trip with them to Ft. Davis with a child. I can't go to one of their houses with this baby and chit chat for hours on end. I can't meet them at the "bar" for a few drinks with a baby. I mean I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind me leaving the baby with her (she can't wait to be a grandmother) but I just think its rude when people go home and "pawn" their children off on the grandparents so they can go out and have fun. 
I hope that I will get to see them both again together soon rather than later. I sure do miss them. They are the only thing I miss about High School. Our friendship. Our bond. Our memories. They will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always keep in touch with them.

No comments: