Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pregnancy Week 38

This is my last pregnancy post. The Sunday I turned 38 weeks I was admitted into the hospital again for dehydration, lack of output, and a spike in my blood pressure. While at the hospital Doc caught my second super high BP which put me over the fence and on the side of Preeclampsia at which he decided to start induction the Friday before I turn 39 weeks.
 
 
At least I still was mostly belly with the exception of swelling. I felt great other than the dehydration. This was the fastest week of my life. I wasn't ready for her to come out. I needed more time with it just being her and I. I have loved being pregnant.
 
Thursday (which were our normal weekly appointments we went in and everything looked great. Even my BP had lowered and was pretty much normal for me. But since E was already scheduled the weekend off Doc went ahead with the induction. (We would have be induced the next week anyway since we were riding the fence, he didn't want to go past 40 weeks with me). To start the induction he stripped me and oh man was that painful.
 
The morning of induction my mom (who stayed home from work to spend the day with me) got up with me and we went to walk. But because he stripped me the day before I had a whole lot of pressure from her dropping even more. I felt like if I continued to walk she would fall right out. After our walk we went and got pedis.
 
Which felt so nice. Look how swollen my feet and legs were.
 
Then we went to lunch and came home and I got a nice bubble bath and mom painted my finger nails for me.
We packed our bags. Headed to my sisters softball game for about an hour and ate 2 burritos, and then we headed to the hospital.
 
Once we were admitted Doc came by and checked me to see what the game plan would be. I was at a 1, 1.5. So the stripping and the walking def. did some good.
 
(a post with the birth story will come next so stay tuned. ;-))

No comments: