Friday, January 22, 2010

Tears Thursday

For lunch the famous grandma (meme) Sally took me took me to lunch at the Reata for my Birthday lunch! ;-) And boy oh boy was it some good stuff!!! After lunch I took my happy butt on down to the Texas Department of Transportation and I changed my name on my Driver License and my name on my voters card to SAMANTHA POLANCO BANEGAS!!!! ;-)

So...Thursdays=my Fridays from Work. WhooooHoooo. Only this day was a little different. :-( In a very sad way!! Life I've mentioned I work at a police department as a dispatcher. This is prolly the easiest, hardest job ever (well not really but if you work as a dispatcher you might get what I mean) so anyway I turn the tv on when I get into the office at 3pm every afternoon to channel 25=LIFETIME!!! At about 5pm or so my awesome "Greys" comes on. One of the episodes today was where Izzy's 'fiancee' dies from his heart and BY GOLLY you better believe I was crying like a baby. Then I got a horrible 911 call that will stick with me for a few days. This call will prolly make the blotter next week. I just gotta let it go and let God take over my thoughts.

I went to get Subway with Mrs. Letty and we were talking about this terrible 911 call and I told her (which I must say is the most truth about me and this job) I am a pretty awesome dispatcher. I can give my returns quicker than many and I can take plenty of calls. But when that 911 phone rings, you can bet $10 bucks that my HEART has STOPPED!!!! It never fails. Those are some of the worse calls. :-(

So to say the least about my Thursday at work...it was a ton of TEARS!!! I am a pretty big cry baby.

Tomorrow is a new day! ;-) My head is clearing. ;-)

No comments: