Thursday, February 2, 2012

Off the band wagon...again

You may know what I'm talking about. I'm off facebook again. But only this time I feel it will be for good.
Yeah I may get on now and then to check in or get something if I need it, but I don't have it on my cell anymore. So I'm not speeding every other 3 minutes checking the new updates. I did log on real quick this afternoon to get an email and I went ahead and scrolled down the news feed only to see how much drama filled that site is. Made my heart ache so I jumped right back off after I got the email I needed.
Didn't facebook start out for only those that were attending college and had a school email? I want to say I had to have my old SRSU email to get on. I may be wrong. But if I'm right then I feel I can honestly say that about 75% of my friends aren't in college and never were. So facebook has totally become the place where you can post about your day, stalk people who you don't talk to at all, and post ugly things about your "friends." Thats the one that urks me the most. It is utterly childish. I believe there has been a few posts about myself and I was just blown away. Of course I can see it why don't they just grow up and tell me in person or even over the phone? I will admit though that in '09 I was guilty of doing the same. But something hit me and I grew up. I have the urge to want to say something on their only because I know they will see it but I don't.
Being a military wife I think has made me become bitter. I feel like I'm in high school again with the two-face that goes on, the lies, the childish acts are just a bit much. Yes there are some ladies that are absolutely amazing but the majority are not unfortunatly. Mister who is a good people reader tried a few times to warn me but I was (his words) "obsessed with their kids." Yes he was really right. I loved those kids to death, and yes it was unhealthy not only for the child but for myself. I am not going to be in their lives forever. Maybe a few more years, 2 at the most but we are moving back to Texas. Most of these people are from totally different states. I'm never going to visit these people, and they are never going to visit me.
These are just thoughts that have been on my mind for a long time and I'm hoping that once I type it all out I will no longer think about these things. FINGERS CROSSED!
I've set up my "office" and I have put my maps up on the walls. I have the US map on the wall right in front of me and the world map on the wall to my left. As I look up to the US map I look at the big, great state of Texas. We are from a small town in WEST Texas. The real West Texas. I hate it when people say they are from West Texas and you ask what town or city and they reply with Big Spring or San Angelo, or even Lubbock! I'm sorry but Lubbock is pretty much in the pan handle. No it is in the pan handle of Texas. San Angelo is pretty much almost in the center of Texas and Big Spring is just below the pan handle but not close to West Texas at all.

I've also started reading the Hunger Games series. I'm on the first book and I just hit chapter 20. It like the Twilight books gives me chills and, well I don't want to say nightmares, but they also are happy dreams. But unlike Twilight it isn't a "love" kind of book. Its not my normal Nicolas Sparks. Its not the Notebook. Ha! I find myself staying up past my bedtime to read a few more chapters. I normally say I'll read 1, 2 chapters a night at the most but with this one its been closer to 4, 5 chapters a night. Ha! I also take the kindle with me to the restroom, the kitchen, in the car ride to the commissary, and out to eat. Ha! Physco yes. It is a really good book so far but it has be totally stressing out. Ha!
If you haven't picked it up to read it yet, I totally suggest it! ;-)

1 comment:

Mrs. Kinney said...

Atta girl on getting off Facebook. I wish I had your will power! I can't wait to read the Hunger Games! I just got the first book. Miss ya tons.