Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 15

Day 15: something or someone I couldn't live without.
Ha so this is a someone and that someone is my husband.
In October of 2008 Mister came home and told me he was going to join the Marine Corps. I was happy for him, but unsure of what that meant for me. As the months went by he talked about getting engaged and I just kinda smiled and nodded. By Christmas he had bought a ring but I had asked him not to ask me to marry hom on Christmas because I wasn't sure. Well that put a strain on our relationship and we started to drift. Come January we stopped talking completely and he had a little less then a month before he left for Boot Camp.
February 9, 2009 Mister went off to Boot Camp without a single goodbye. I was completely depressed. I remember for a few days I locked myself in my one bedroom apartment and stayed in bed and didn't eat. A girlfriend of mine finally came over, dragged me out of bed and to the store. I bought running shoes ha!
March 2009 I was on Spring Break from college so I headed to Dallas, TX to visit some family friends and get out of little ole Alpine for a little bit. While there I got to talking to Megan (who was my Matron of Honor in my wedding) That week we talked a ton about the Marine Corps (she too is married to a Marine).
When I got home I decided I would try and write him. So I did, and it wasn't just a little hello letter, it was a 4 page "I'm sorry" "I miss you" "and I hope this isn't too late" kind of letter. I waited and waited and I never got a single thing back. I had asked my mom and his mom how long it would take for them to get letters back from them and it never took as long as it did for me.
Easter (April 2009) I had a good talk with my mom about the situation and she again put my words back into my mouth "Let Go and Let God" if its meant to be you will get a letter.
The next Tuesday I recieved two letters from him. Ha the mail had gotten lost (or so that is what we family members were told, but it turns out that they just held the mail from the men) He had gotten my letter and he wrote me back. (I know as soon as I was reading these letters I was going to marry him for sure and I never wanted to lose him again.)
He hoped that it wasn't to late to write me back (oh let me back track, I had said in my letter that if he loved me to write back and if not to not write back). Of course it wasn't too late. I then decided I would surprise him at his graduation.
He graduated May of 2009 and when he saw me in the bleachers, I will never forget his face.
He came home for 10 days and on the last day he asked me to marry him. And again I knew I never wanted to live without him agian!!
I love my husband!

No comments: