Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Terrific Tuesday...

So like I said yesterday I was hosting the Coffee meeting at my house. It turned out awesome. We had some good food and of course yummy coffee.

The girls hadn't been to my house yet (well inside at least) and so I of course gave them a tour. Everyone loved my house which makes me happy inside. ;-) One commented on my entertainment stand in my living room.

Now I don't know if I have told y'all, but my entertainment stand is from The Canos. But more from Mrs. Tonya Cano. She gave it to Eric and I a little after Christmas and a little before the wedding. It was theirs in there living room. Its a dark red stained wood. It has many shelves for pictures and a cabinet for our dvds and such. The part that the tv sits on has a few scratches and chips.

I was asked where I got it and how lovely it was. I smiled and told her who it was from. She gave me a look like "oh wow its used" and then I went into explain what it means to me.

Mrs. Tonya was a very strong woman. I have known her for as long as I can remember. She had cancer and survived it a few years back. Well this past year it came back. But she never gave up and she fought the whole time. We had many late night chats and she always had some of the best advice.

Every time I look at my entertainment stand I see Mrs. Tonya. (which is every day) And today as I was talking about the stand and Mrs. Tonya I of course began to gather tears. Then I was asked if I was going to fix the scratches and the chips and I simply stated "no, it is more homey if I leave it how it is."

Mrs. Tonya will never be forgotten. She is always in my mind and in my heart as is in many others. I want to be like her when I grow up. I want to touch lives like she has. I know she is watching over us and is probably laughing at the fact that I will not "fix" the entertainment stand. She always joked with me.

No comments: