Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

A quick post that I'm sure I will "edit" when I get home this afternoon.
I'm giving up Facebook to read more books for the Lent season. More daily devotional books and more "fun" books. In this time I will also be going "home" to visit my family for a few weeks. So this blog and my email will be my only internet "fun." I'm hoping that at then end of the Lent season I will not want/need Facebook. Today I posted my last status saying this and how to reach me if they don't have my phone number. Tomorrow I'm going in (or possibly tonight) to "delete" it. I'm sure this is going to be a little hard since I'm always on facebook, but I will be very proud of myself to stay off of it! A few don't think I can do it which of course discourages me, but a few are proud and that is what lifts me up to do this. I'm a little excited about it because I have my email sent to my cell phone which for my Mary Kay and other reasons I love, but I get EVERY Notification from facebook on my cell and when I wake up in the morning I have over 20 emails. I will be excited to not have so many when I wake up and for my phone to not be going off all the time!
I'm going to Ash Wednesday mass with my friend Carrie and her family on base at 1130. I'm hoping that Mister will join us! I sent him a text to let him know that I will be there. This is one of my favorite seasons/Holidays! I love EASTER and everything about it! I think I'm going to take down my St. Pattys decor today also and put up my Easter hehe. ;-)
I'll post later this afternoon new pictures.
Have a GREAT Wednesday!

No comments: