Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 10: A phone taken of me over TEN Years Ago

This is my Papa (GRANDPA) Jimmy T. LaBaume and myself when I was about a year old (maybe older I don't know for sure) My Grandfather was in the Marine Corps for many years. In this picture he was a Staff Sergeant (SSgt) When he finished and was out of the Marine Corps he came out as a Gunnery Sergeant (GySgt).

I love my Papa. He is something else. When we having a BBQ or any family gathering we always hear stories. His stories are awesome. Very educational and very interesting. I think I might have learned more from him then I ever did from teachers at school.

I miss sitting with him at 5pm watching the news at the house (before I moved out to Cali) It was our time together that was my favorite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! What a wonderful man!