Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 12: Whatever tickles my Fancy.

So this new (well we have been here almost six months so its not soo new lol) house of ours felt empty, not like a HOME. I just wasn't feeling it. I have through out the months bought little things to make my home feel like a home. I have started a cross wall:


And it is beginning to come together. ;-) a few of those are new crosses that we brought home from Texas.

My entertainment stand has three crosses on it as well. (can you tell I LOVE Crosses) ;-)

My Animal Print dinning table. ;-) I love it. The vase with the flowers needs some black pebbles at the bottom so the flowers are leaning over, I just haven't had a chance to go and get some.

My beautiful china cabinet. I have always said I would have one of these. I found a very good friend who was going to sell it and I said I wanted it and she was so nice she GAVE it to me. (I would rather have things that are from other homes to put into my home. Makes it seem more Home I guess?)

I have seen the picture of The Last Supper in many of my families homes. I have always wanted one. I found this one and fell in love with it at Ross Dress for Less Store. (You can find some good stuff if you are willing to look) I put this in my dining room and it just fills it up with warmth.

My two new rugs I found at Ross as well. They are zebra print (AWESOME) and they were really a good price. They help with the sound of the house. I have found one for my living room too, but I am waiting to get it for a while. The one for my living room isn't going to be zebra print. Its green and red like my sofas. I can't wait to get it.

After coming home from home (TEXAS) I have realized that HOME is actually where my husband is. Yes I will always have a home back in the corner of West Texas with my family, but my home is with my husband. I feel now that my house feels like a home. And I am so happy to have been able to see this.

Now if I could only get the weather here to get a little warmer and a little more sunnier then I would be very very happy.

No comments: