Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 30: Whatever Tickles your Fancy...

I want to share a song that I actually first heard the day we got back home in June. And I heard it right as we were pulling into Alpine. It was/is on my husbands iPod. I am surprised I hadn't heard it yet. Its a Miranda Lambert song, "The House That Built Me" So here goes...

I know they say, you can't go home again, 
I just had to come back one last time
Ma'am, I know you don't know me from Adam...
but these hand-prints on the front steps are mine
Up those stairs, in that little back bedroom, 
is where I did my homework and I learned to play guitar.
Now I bet you didn't know, that under that live oak...
My favorite dog is buried in the yard. 
I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here it’s like I’m someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself
If I could just come in I swear I’ll leave
Won’t take nothing but a memory
From the house that built me
Mama cut out pictures of houses for years
From Better Homes and Gardens magazine
Plans were drawn and concrete poured
Nail by nail and board by board
Daddy gave life to mama’s dream
I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here it’s like I’m someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself
If I could just come in I swear I’ll leave
Won’t take nothing but a memory
From the house that built me
You leave home and you move on and you do the best you can
I got lost in this old world and forgot who I am
I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
This brokenness inside me might start healing
Out here it’s like I’m someone else
I thought that maybe I could find myself
If I walk around I swear I’ll leave
Won’t take nothing but a memory
From the house that built me

I dunno, but I could listen to this song over a 100 times and never get bored with it. I love it very much and it always makes me...think of home...I just wanted to share it with you all. I'm sure most of you have heard it. 

Ok Ok...now I feel like I need to lighten up the mood. lol Saturday Mister Eric ran to the commissary for me and got a few items I need to finish cleaning. One of those items was a big bottle of laundry soap. Well he did great and brought home a BIG bottle of this laundry soap. He placed it up on the washer. Ok so my washer and dryer are in my kitchen and my kitchen is very very small. There isn't much counter space, so I usually use the washer and dryer as extra counter space when we are cooking meals (which include multiple dishes, and usually we are having company over, which was this Saturday's case) So after I finish cleaning Eric and I join together in the kitchen and begin to start dinner. I need to put the salad on the washer and the laundry soap is in my way. So I move it and I put it somewhere. Well Sunday afternoon I go in to finish the last 3 loads of laundry I have. I still have a bit of soap in the old bottle that luckily finished the 3 loads, but barely. I wanted to put a little extra soap in the last load and I went to look for this laundry soap Eric bought the day before that I had seen and I had touched and I put somewhere...well needless to say...I have yet to find it, and it is TUESDAY!! Booo...I cannot remember where the heck I put that thing and it is driving me crazy. I have been doing this a lot lately. Losing my mind. I'm only 20 and I can't remember where I put things, what I have said, or NEWS that people have told me. I am a mess and I haven't a clue why...HELP!!! lol

OH another thing...I cannot figure out for the life of me how to work a DVD player or how to put new songs on my iPod. I feel like a loser that I am not all up to date with this stuff, but I'm not and its driving me mad as well haha. But I do know how to blog lol which kinda drives Eric made haha. 

Well I guess I am now finished with my 30 Day Meme...that took me longer then 30 Days haha but I am finished and proud that I completed it. ;-) 


I hope everyone is having a GREAT week!! I have the next two days off and I think I'm going to be doing some SUMMER CLEANING...like Spring cleaning haha. ;-) This shall be funnn!!! Happy Hump Day all!!! 

No comments: