Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My mind is not set...

This post is a rather long post without any pictures. Bare with me on this post and I promise tomorrows post will be more interesting. ;-)
Last January I got married, packed up my old life, moved to a new state, left my family and friends to be with my husband and start a life with him. Little did I know that I would soon become "sad." I didn't know anyone out there in California. I didn't have my family there to see everyday and Eric was at work all day so I was home alone! To add to my "sadness" it was the rainy season.
I then just began to eat. I learned to make new recipes and I made all sorts of new things. I learned the taste of flavor and sweetness! I learned the wonders of butter and salt and mustard. I learned to love FOOD!

Back track: in high school I was very active in sports. I weighed 100 pounds my senior year. I wasn't very good at "eating" well. I skipped plenty of meals and sometimes it hurt me and my game. So in a short story I wasn't fond of food and I wasn't really into the whole eating thing. As silly as this next line will sound its how my mind was: food wasn't really important to me.
There were plenty of times I had to be forced to eat! I also had a few spells where I went so long without eating I fainted a few times. I always forgot to eat.

Now fast forward to today. I went and ate at iHop with my best friend. We mainly went to eat because we were next door at Midas waiting on her car to be fixed and we needed something to do. I hadn't eating yet today so I thought well this is ok. As I'm looking over the menu and I pick what I want to eat it shows the calories next to it and lets just say they were up there. It kinda hit me looking at that. I told Mister that I wanted to start counting my calorie intake, I wanted to really start working out, and I wanted to really start eating healthy. I want to get back to my high school weight. (Ok maybe not 100, but I would like to lose about 10-15 pounds and I'd like to do it before April/May!
As I have mentioned in a few of my posts when I make certain meals I will add a few spoons of sugar yes sugar to things such as my corn. I also use a ton of butter! I mean a ton of butter!
I told Mister I also wanted to get rid of ALL Sweets in my house. I love candy and we have Reese's and kit Kat's in the house along with chocolate muffins and chocolate chip cookies. Last week I had bought a 12 pack of coke (I'm a huge coke drinker) I decided that that was going to be my last coke (by coke I mean any kind of soda/pop/carbonated drink) buy. Well yesterday when we went to the store they had a buy one get one free root beer. And I esp. love Root Beer!! So we bought two more packs (12) of Root Beer. Of course Mister just laughed at me.
I still don't eat the right amount of meals in a day. I eat maybe 1 meal a day! And that one meal I usually always out eat Mister! I've been able to out eat my father as well. I would like to start eating 6 small meals a day. With very little calories and very little fat. I'd really like to cut out all Sugar from my diet. Now that will and is going to be the hardest part I think.
I would also like to be running a mile in under 7 minutes (like I did in high school) and I would like to be able to do that 3-4 times a week. The days I don't run a mile I would like to be doing some other sort of workout. I ride my bike on a daily basis so I'm not totally inactive, but I don't feel a good work out from it. I ride about 2 miles a day but it just feels so easy. I don't lose my breath nor do I break a sweat.
I don't have a scale, we actually just threw our old one away a few weeks ago. Tomorrow I plan on going to buy a new scale, buying better food for my house. Getting rid of all sweets (that probably means that I will eat them all ha) And I will also get a work out schedule for me. I would like all these changes set by Monday. So I have a few days to get rid of the sweets and enjoy a few more haha. ;-) Wish me luck on this new challenge!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Aww Sam I am so proud of you! I know you can do this. Good luck and I'm always here for you!