Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Weekend.

Hello all!
We had a fantastic Weekend in San Antonio. We had to come back a day early "just in case" so i was sorta sad about that but we stayed two nights in San Antonio. We got there in the evening time Friday so we just grabbed something quick for dinner and then headed to the hotel.
I love WHATABURGER not only because they have the most awesome burgers EVER, but when you look at their windows they have this:

We got up Saturday morning and got our breakfast fromt he hotel lobby (I must say I really love free hot breakfasts at the hotels. lol)
This was my breakfast:
Yes it was a TEXAS shaped waffle! LOVE IT!! And it was pretty dang good!

We then loaded up in the car and drove 20 miles to the Wildlife RANCH!
Here we saw all different kinds of animals. I had been here before with my aunt and her family 5 years ago. So I knew I would love it I just hoped Eric would too! Here is a few pictures of a few of the animals:

Reticulated Giraffe
(My 3rd favorite Animal)
My 1st is a turtle and they didn't have any here ha
Kangaroo

Fallow

Baby American Bison (I was brave enough to feed it like this, the other animals I through food out the window.)

 Adult American Bison

Axis
It got up close to Mister and he actually petted the animal.

Damaraland Zebra
(My 2nd Fave animal)

This Zebra came up to my window and this is as far as I would roll it down. I would "throw" the food into his mouth when he/she would open like this. It was rather funny.

Ostrich
And these things were mean!

Sicilian Donkey
Misters favorite to see this day. He had fun witht them and they let him pet them too. These were baby donkeys. They were nice!
Those are just a few of the animals we saw. We saw a ton but I don't want to bore you and upload all the pictures I took haha

Then we went to the Riverwalk and ate at Joes Crab shack. We also rode on the river boats that give an automated tour and history of the riverwalk. Really neat!

Me at the Riverwalk by a waterfall.
Mister at Joes enjoying his drink
Me just finished eating dinner enjoying my water.

Mister and I on the river boat going on our tour.

This was a cute buggy we saw on our walk back to the parking garage. It has my high school colors purple and gold how cute!!

This was this afternoon after we already got back home. We went for a bike ride to Acadamy to buy Mister new running shoes and we bought myself a helmet! cute huh?? (This is for Diana! ;-))

1 comment:

Diana said...

Looks like a FANTASTIC weekend! I hope you all had a great time. I would love to take Nathaniel to that Ranch when we're in Texas. That little boy just looooves animals and he will also a little bit older so he could hopefully enjoy it.

You make my nursing-heart very happy with that helmet :) Be safe!