Monday, February 28, 2011

Life is hard without friends...

This evening as I'm laying in bed on the laptop while Mister is zzzing away I decided I would read a few blogs. I look forward to certain bloggers to post and Kelly is one of them. I read this post tonight and of course it made me think.
So I don't have this circle of friends like she does and I can say that I so long to have that. I mean of course I have friends, but not a group like she talks about in this post.
Yes I have my Best Friend Megan
This is my wedding night and Megan giving her MOH speech. If it weren't for Megan I probably wouldn't be where I am today. She has been the Best friend anyone could ask for.
I also have another very true friend Letty.
(We don't have a good clear picture together but I figured this one will do)
Letty and I started as just co-workers. But as the months of us working together went on, we started to talk and soon became very close! Letty has given me some very good advise on life, marriage, and friendships. I know that I can always count on her to be here for me! And I for her!
I also have Leo and Laura
Leo and I February 2010

Laura and I February 2010
Leo and Laura are my married friends. I worked with Leo at the PD before I got married and moved away. Thats how I met Leo. I met Laura of course through him. They have by far been awesome all around! They have done so much for me! They now have a little boy Vincent who is my favorite little boy ever! I make it a point to see them when I go home.

Now I must admit these friends are the best that I could ask for. But they aren't friends with eachother. (mostly because they don't live in the same town ha)
I would love one day to have a group of friends like Kelly. A group that we all have a good time and laugh and cry. A group that will also have a very strong Christian faith!
I have thought about getting involved in the churches here (when I find one) and the one I went to in Monterey like I was back home. But I feel that the second I get attached I will have to leave again and start over so I figured I would wait until I got to our final duty station (because we will be there for about 2 and a half years). So that is one thing I have to look forward to.
Do any of you have a group of friends like Kelly??

2 comments:

Diana said...

This reminds me of my post last November (http://deananddiana.blogspot.com/2010/11/7-days-of-thanks-day-3.html). And I really, really urge you to read it because it brings me to my second point:

Please don't let time hinder you from getting involve at your church at your current location. I know our time is Texas is very, very short but it shouldn't justify not fellowshiping with our brothers and sisters. Even if you are not going to get everybody (or anyone) in a much deeper level, who says you won't make a difference in someone's life during that short period of time? Also reminds me of the song "Brighten the Corner Where You Are."

I also want to share that one of my hopes after our time in the Marine Corps, whether that's just 5 years or 20+ years, is to be like Dean's grandparents during Christmas time. They have made so many friends during their military career that they mail and receive more than 100 cards from all the friends they have made. And I know most of those people they met and knew from Church. I find that reassuring that even though I may never see these people again, we still continue to be friends :)

Jesslyn Amber said...

Aww, so sweet! Friends are such blessings, huh? I don't have a close knit group either! I had one (sort of) in High School, but we grew apart. I do have a best friend though and lots of close friends! And, I feel blessed to have them. :) Like you, I don't know where I'd be without some of them.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I hope Beagle Boy gets better, too! :)

Hope you're having a great week!